JOIN OUR TEAM!
All staff positions will be posted on this web site however interested individuals may submit resumes at any time. Management may choose to keep resumes on file at their discretion. Regardless, individuals are encouraged to check the site frequently for job opportunities. Drop off your resume or e-mail it to email@example.com
La Rosa Gardens, a seniors’ supportive housing and assisted living residence located in Ladysmith BC, is now recruiting a casual cook to join our team. The hours are from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, 7 days a week. Summary Position.
We are looking for an employee who will work well under the direction of the Kitchen Manager. Will be responsible for the daily preparation of meals from an assigned menu for an average of 61 residents. Must ensure food handling methods are followed and must maintain a safe and sanitary workplace.
• Responsible for the production of menu items including preparation, production and proper clean up.
• Must be able to follow special diets.
• Must coordinate the work flow and provide direction to the servers.
• Maintains fresh inventory utilizing methods to minimize spoilage and waste.
• Practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to required standards.
• Promotes positive communication among management, staff, residents, and visitors.
Education and Qualifications
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Cooks Training Program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Food Safe Level 1
• Knowledge and experience with cooking, baking, kitchen equipment and machines.
• 5 years experience in a retirement facility Skills and Abilities
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position and operate related equipment
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.